Membership in the VBIA is beneficial for anyone who is a builder or anyone who has a product or service that is marketable to builders. The association is a way for you to get your name and product visible to the builders and the associates who are members of the association.
Need A Good Reason to Join The Volusia Building Industry Association?
"Becoming a member of your industry's association is one of the smartest business investments you will ever make."
1. INSTANT CREDIBILITY through automatic membership in the National Association of Home Builders and The Florida Home Builders Association along with your local association membership. These organizations have been around for more than 50 years and signal to the public that your company is committed to high standards and fair business practices. Logo slicks are available for your company's ads and are FREE to members. Your national and state associations look out for your interests in Washington, DC and Tallahassee. You also receive free subscriptions to The Florida Home Builder Magazine and Columns Newsletter. The Florida Home Builders Association's Southeast Builders conference provides an opportunity to receive 14 hours of continuing education and online Web Sites with member only sections.
2. POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEES: Housing For Tomorrow (Local), FHB-PAC (state) and Build PAC(national) are dedicated to electing pro-business/pro-housing candidates for local, state and national offices respectively.
3. GOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS: At the national, state and local levels, the home builders associations are recognized by governmental leaders as the voice of home building. Through local committees and task forces, you can have input in government decisions or obtain timely information.
4. SPECIAL EVENTS
o Parade of Homes ™ - The premier marketing opportunity for Volusia's home builders - each spring.
o Bowling Tournament
o Annual Poker Tournament
*These are just a few of the events the association puts on throughout the year.
5. MARKETING AND NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES
"Promoting Members doing business with Members"
o Sponsorships of Special Events
o Website Listing (on www.volusiahomebuilders.org)
o Newsletter & Directory Advertising
o General Membership Meetings
o Committee Involvement - "You Get Out What You Put In"
6. LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Serve on your local Board of Directors, Chair a Committee, or run for senior officer. Volunteer driven, the association is a great place to build relationships and get recognition for your efforts. Many opportunities exist to be a leader at the local, state or national level. Set your sights, do a little or do a lot.
7. MEMBER REFERRAL SERVICE: Members only referrals when the public calls looking for builders, remodelers or other services.
8. ACCESSIBLE, FRIENDLY MEMBER-ORIENTED STAFF if they don't know the answer, they will find it for you.
9. SATISFACTION of knowing that you are supporting the industry that is supporting you!
10. ADVOCACY: The VBIA represents your interests before the community and government. When your industry faces major threats, the VBIA is right there fighting for you.
11. KNOW HOW: Got a problem? Need technical advice? NAHB is just a call away. If you need more detailed information, we can put you in touch with one or more individuals who have the "know how" you need.
12. LEADERSHIP: Your industry needs leaders, people who can actively mobilize you and your peers toward industry wide action, and who can chart your industry's future. The VBIA has voluntary leadership roles that can make a difference.
13. NETWORKING: Networking is today's buzzword. VBIA events, meetings, member directories and information exchanges make networking a reality for you and your peers.
14. VISION: A wise saga once said that the characteristic of a true leader was his ability to mobilize toward the future. The VBIA helps you visualize the opportunities which lie ahead and find the tools necessary to turn those opportunities into sound business plans.
15. WARNINGS: Bad news on the economic horizon? The regulatory front? In the courts? The VBIA serves as an "early warning system" for our members and help ward off potential industry wide problems.
16. FUTURE: An increasing number of organizations provide a variety of educational materials and public service programs to educate youth about the workings of their industries. Today's youth will become the leaders of your industry in the years ahead; the VBIA has fundraisers to provide scholarships for tomorrows's leaders and sponsors Future Builders of America Clubs.